Friday, December 17, 2010

Land



I had not known of this,
Till you came walking into my life.
Taught me to love, without thought.

Made it colourful, you did,
Filled each minute with beautiful
Memories to live by.

But, you had to leave didn’t you?
Your land needed you,
Leaving me to alone, waiting for you,
By the door.

I waited, oh yes I did,
I knew you were in each thought of mine,
As I was in yours.

Your letters gave me courage,
I knew you were fine,
They smelt of you and the land,
Both one and the same now.

I felt your arms embrace me once more,
A dream but it was, blissful, serene, peaceful.
Breathtaking to have felt your perfect self,
But broken it was, like a bubble.

You did not return, but time passed
For everyone but me,
I was still there at the door,
Waiting as always.

One day, I saw you.
I’m sure I did.
It was you in a coffin, decorated with
Honors I knew not of.

I thought you belonged to me,
But no, you belonged to the land,
Land that had brought about your being.
land that had brought us together,
land that was now tearing us apart for good.

2 comments:

Gopikaa said...

That was a fantastic poem! The feelings of a woman(as I understand)on the man whom she loved, is depicted so very well. Keep writing!

Mistress of Art said...

Thanks so much :)