Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Glad to see ya again!

So, it's been (quite) a while since I've put anything up on this blog. I have many excuses (busy at work, busy with life, was studying); all of which shouldn't have stopped me from writing over here. However, throwing all those excuses into a bin, I am back here writing once again! Glad to see ya again :)

Here's a poem I wrote recently:

The Gift.
Sorted. Wrapped up.
Tied with a bow.
All clear. Set to go.
Such was the gift,
Served up in gold.
Watered, nurtured.
Pampered and praised.                                                     
Abundant glory, joy galore!
Why then do
I face this day?
Burnt, blistered and charred away.
Eyes gouged out,
Tasting ashes upon my tongue,
mind bruised, body battered.
Heart in pieces, stripped to the bone.
Tears bountiful, crawling with sorrow,
Lay afire in shreds.
The agony, the woe.
The pangs and throes.
Peals of laughter, echo.
Real or feigned?
Fact or Mirage?
Insanity beckons.
Just then, It calls.
Deliverance. A voice,
So sanguine, I cry!
I rise, where I lay.
Bit by bit, limb by limb.
No fib this is, I catch on.
Light floods my being,
Carrying me away.
Phoenix like, I Rise.
Dusting off the ashes, born anew.
Staring into the,
The rising Sun.
Rigged to take life,
By the horns.

No comments: